Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ideal Woman

I just wanted to do a post about a really awesome necklace I got for Christmas (that I chose for myself, but that's not the point :) ). It is called the Ideal Woman Necklace by Allie Pohl.



The necklace I have is a mirror, but they come in a lot of different materials and colors. There are some made from wood, metal, and more. They also come in different sizes, and some with more than one on the same chain. She sells them here.

The necklace comes on a cardborad cutout and on the back this is what it says:

Ideal Woman: Necklace reflects Allie Pohl's belief that society is obsessed with the image of "the perfect woman." The necklace demonstrates our culture's desire to emulate a look that seems naturally impossible to attain. Her artistic is to critique cultural trends that she finds impractical or destructive to the female form. Pohl strives to express the absurdities, conflicts and hypocrisies society presents about "ideal" women.

This iconic necklace is more than just a pendant; when worn it is a catalyst for instigating new ideas, converstaion and change. She has created a virtual space, idealwoman.wordpress.com, where you can share your comments or reactions that you have received while wearing this necklace. She hopes you enjoy wearing the Ideal Woman: Necklace!

I got the Ideal Woman: Necklace that is a mirror, because I think that it is the perfect medium. When a woman looks at it, they see themselves, therefore seeing the ideal woman. That's just my opinion about the mirror, though.


(I put it on a different chain than the one it came with, because it was really small for my neck!)

Go have a look at her site, there are some really great stuff on there!! Tell me what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment